Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Still making us laugh!

 Dad has been poked, prodded, scanned, cut into and just plain miserable for the last 2 weeks.  That doens't seem to keep his sense of humor from shining through!  (I think the morphine helps!)

After his lung biopsy, he had to do a breathing excersize. He has to suck air into a meter type thing, and make the stopper go as far to the top as he can.  He hates to do it, but does it because he has about 8 pretty pushy people constantly making sure he does what he is told!  Sometimes he would probably like us to go home! :)

Late last night he was FAR from excited when I told him that he needed to do his breathing excersize before I would go home.  He reluctantly did it, but managed to make silly faces that whole time!

It was good to see him being silly!  Thats my dad!  He wasn't too thrilled that I had snuck my camera in, but....he knew I would break it out eventually! ;)


This morning they did an x-ray to see if he could get his chest tube out.  As soon as he gets that out, he can go home!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave, We are really sad and shocked to hear this news about you. Please get the best care that you can find. We want to help out in what ever way we can and are anxious to know what we can do. We love you even though you never hear from us. you are dear to us and you deserve the best care available. from what we have read the hospital and doctors in boston are the best with the latest technology with this type of cancer. We have a friend in the ward who is currently undergoing the heated chemotherapy treatment for cancer and is doing really well.I know that they do this with some types of mesothelioma. We'll keep your name in the temple. you are in our hearts and our prayers. Kerry and Merrilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Uncle Dave, I love ya! It was good to see you today, I hope that you get to go home soon!! Wren has been asking about "papa dave" all day! :) I think that is what she named her balloon that Jared made for her as well and keeps saying "ouchie, Dave" then giving it kisses. We love you and are keeping you in our prayers also! Shauna, Jeremiah and Wren

    ReplyDelete